In the winter of 1858-59 a number of Christians in the rural townships of Scott and Marcellon, Columbia County, Wisconsin, determined to have a church and pastor for their community. One Sunday evening Freeman Clark and his uncle, John Pratt, walked ten miles to interview Reverend D.C. Miller about starting services. Ten weeks later he came and commenced evangelistic meetings during which many were converted. From this beginning "The Scott and Marcellon Free Will Baptist Church" was organized on February 18, 1859.
For twenty years services were held alternately between two one-room schoolhouses in Scott and Marcellon townships. In 1879 the members purchased land for their own church building and the first worship service was held in the new structure in May, 1880.
Between 1895 and 1905 attendance languished, but then Rev. H.H. Rottman held evangelistic services which resulted in revival and renewal of the church. Summer evangelistic services became the usual practice. A tent would be raised next to the church where nationally known evangelists would come and hold up to four weeks of campaigns. By 1909 the church had 98 resident members, 11 associates, and 50 non-residents.
Following the merge of the North Marcellon and North Scott congregations in 1968, a general contractor was engaged to oversee construction of a new building in 1969. A groundbreaking ceremony took place on June 1, 1969 and the current church building was dedicated on June 7, 1970.
Existing to glorify God by teaching His Word with accuracy, clarity and practical application; 1) so that believers will be established and complete, 2) so that unbelievers will be converted by the message of the gospel.
Sunday School has been an important part of the church from its earliest days. Need for more classrooms prompted two building expansions, and then the construction of a new building in 1969. Vacation Bible School has been held in the summer since 1922. Various youth ministries have been recorded since 1912. Summer camps in the early 1900's were attended by adults. Teen camps have been well attended since the 1930's.
Missions support has been an integral part of the church's focus since 1909 with regular monetary and prayer support supplemented by personal correspondence for missionaries serving in foreign countries and in the U.S. Additionally, the annual Pardeeville Community Car and Truck Show, a unique local project whose purpose is to be a witness for Christ and raise funds for various missions and charities, is actively supported by the congregation.
The church has been blessed with gifted musicians in its 150-year history and remains committed to a strong music program. Highlights include a thriving adult choir ministry, the annual Sunday School Christmas program and a fondness for men's quartet music.
Initially organized as a Free Will Baptist church, the Scott church cooperated closely with other churches of that persuasion through its first fifty years. In the early 1900's, differences between the Free and Regular Baptist churches were gradually forgotten and they became associated with the Northern Baptist Convention, known today as American Baptist Churches USA. North Scott Baptist Church severed ties with the ABC on May 30, 2000. From 2006-2011 the church was associated with Great Lakes Baptist Conference (Converge Great Lakes). The church is now independent.